ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Design and implement comprehensive marketing strategies to create awareness of the company’s business activities
● Supervise the department and provide guidance and feedback to other marketing professionals
● Produce ideas for promotional events or activities and organize them efficiently
● Plan and execute campaigns for corporate promotion, launching of new product lines etc.
● Monitor progress and submit performance reports
● Responsible for producing valuable content for the company’s online presence, editorial design and organizing the company’s publications
● Conduct general market research to keep abreast of trends and competitor’s marketing movements
● Control budgets and allocate resources amongst projects
● Become the organization’s agent towards external parties such as media, stakeholders and potential clients and build strategic partnerships
● Develops marketing strategy by studying economic indicators; tracking changes in supply and demand; identifying customers and their current and future needs; monitoring the competition.
● Contributes to marketing effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
● Obtains market share by developing marketing plans and programs for each product; directing promotional support.
● Maintains relations with customers by organizing and developing specific customer- relations programs; determining company presence at conventions, annual meetings, trade associations, and seminars.
● Provides short- and long-term market forecasts and reports by directing market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data.
● Influences present and future products by determining and evaluating current and future market trends.
● Develops new uses for existing products by analyzing statistics regarding market development; acquiring and analyzing data; consulting with internal and external sources.
● Maintains research database by identifying and assembling marketing information.
● Provides marketing information by answering questions and requests.
● Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
● Completes marketing department operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
● Maintains marketing staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
● Maintains marketing staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
● Develops marketing staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
● Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
● Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.