to the Managing Director, the job holder will have bottom-line profit and loss
responsibility for project conceptualization, planning, permitting, market and
financial analysis, financing, interface with design and construction and
successfully development or redevelop projects.
• Project Conceptualization
• Project Planning &
• Reporting and Analysis
- Identification of viable
projects and preparation of business cases to support the Board of Directors in
- Work with the
Development team on project acquisition and project planning, design and
- Consultation with
staff to develop project concepts and specifications
financial pro formas and writing business plans for residential projects
recommendations to the Board of Directors on new actions, goals and targets
related to the development of projects.
- Project Planning
- Acts as the
project manager for projects under development including developing capital
budgets, schedules with critical path milestones, tendering all contracts
- Develop and
manage timeliness for various activities to ensure strategic plans and critical
development processes are carried out in a timely manner.
contracts and acting as lead contact for all professional services and the
construction team including chairing regular project meetings.
- Manage payments
and the claims process during construction and reconcile budgets at end of
- Review all contract changes and coordinate change control process –
maintain records of all changes and required approvals
- Monitoring expenses against budget and maintains all records for the
- Monitors and updates projects time schedules of all projects, to
ensure achieving targets during all construction phases
- Reporting and Analysis:
- Undertake post-completion reviews and verify close out documentation
- Prepare regular reports on progress, budgets, and expenditures
related to the management of real estate development activities
- Make recommendations to the Board of Directors with respect to
financing, debt and financial sustainability of projects
- Monitor and assist the design teams in addressing deficiencies
following substantial performance.