Ensures safe, secure and cost effective QR airport operations at the station to achieve regulatory compliance, operational efficiency and 5-star customer service. Liaises with local Airport Handling Management to ensure QR ground handling and customer service standards are met at all times. Liaises with Airport Authorities and all Government agencies at the station. Represents QR at the Airport AOC. Manage and motivate airport team. Work collaboratively with the Ground Services Management team and other departments.
- Evaluate alliance, airport passenger handling strategies in conjunction with RMAS affecting station’s flight summer/winter schedules.
- Assess and foresee manpower planning in conjunction with peaks, holidays, seasonal or additional flights.
- Manages the daily operation and acts as liaison between airport service providers, government agencies and authorities, and senior management.
- Provides inputs and recommendations to management regarding short and long-term service improvements/changes.
- Primary contact and liaison person for all areas of the QR airport operation at the station.
- Assists in the response to any emergency or a major operational disruption affecting Qatar Airways or its subsidiaries, including support of the Qatar Airways Special Assistance Program.
- Provide inputs and suggestions on processes improvements to enhance service delivery standards.
- Strike effective balance between ‘customer first’ and ‘company interest.
- Coordinate with One World Carrier for support during disruption / Crisis.
- Ensure the Aircraft Turnaround Check (ATC) duty as assigned to ensure safe operation of QR ground ramp product.
- Ensure that aircraft cabin service doors are operated from the outside where applicable to facilitate and reduce the associated safety risk of inadvertent slide deployment.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
- Relevant College or University qualification to min Bachelor's level
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience
- Experience at a Managerial role.
- Proven experience in Crisis Management.
- Wide and varied training courses attended and skills gained in an airline environment.
- Extensive overall knowledge of all areas and the airline / airport operation.
- Good Command of English language
- Organizational and management practices as applied to the analysis and evaluation of programs, policies, and operational needs. Good report writing skills.
- Customer focus - empathy towards Customers.
- Principles and practices of program development, budget preparation and administration.
- Managerial skills - Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate is skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
- Able to work under pressure
Key skill Required
- Supply Chain Management
- Bachelor Degree