As an Engineering Manager, you present yourself as a strong leader, demonstrate deep practical engineering knowledge and have a proven track record for timely project delivery and project management. You'll be asked to harness your insight into technology and collaborate with Product Managers to make products that enrich the lives of our users, leveraging multiple cross-disciplinary streams to achieve our technological and business vision. Continuous integrations, auto-scaled rolling releases, creating event-driven service-oriented architectures are all part of the daily gig.
In This Role, You Will
- Architect, design, and develop cloud software applications
- Collaborating closely with Product, Infrastructure, Design, UX, CLM and Strategy to deliver highest quality products
- Apply agile practices like test driven development, CI & test automation, collaborate with offshore teams for both architectural and delivery issues and cultivate technical backlog
- Analyze and remediate production issues, build in fault tolerance and operational readiness into the system architecture with a focus on operationally ready solutions
- Be a software guardian by owning non-functional requirements, architectural direction, quality of the code and addressing technical debt
- Ensuring the highest standards of security for all our platforms and its underlying infrastructure.
- Understanding of good product, design and UX principles
- Focusing on Team health and instilling a strong culture of engineering excellence along with mentoring the team on good code designs, patterns
- Hiring and build a High Performing Team, continuously growing and developing the team and constantly raising the bar of engineering talent
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent field.
- Eight plus years of server/client-side software development experience
- Strong leadership capabilities (technical and non technical) including performance management, performance reviews and people management
- Strong knowledge and ability to mentor teams on design patterns, TDD, continuous integration and test automation.
- Experience in operations and managing live production applications, monitoring, remediation and incident management.
- Strong understanding of RESTful service design, API design and best practices for building resilient and maintainable distributed systems.
- A solid experience with AWS and Kubernetes would be a plus
- Experience working on high-traffic and large-scale web products and strong understanding of scalability and high availability systems.
- Experience with Agile Methodologies such as Kanban, Scrum and XP
- A fast paced, high performing team
- Multicultural environment with over 40 different nationalities
- Competitive Tax-free salary
- Comprehensive Health insurance
- Annual Air Ticket Allowance
- Employee discounts at multiple vendors across the emirates.
- Rewards & Recognitions
- Learning & Development
Key skill Required
- Production Engineer
- Bachelor Degree